TAKE ACTION NOW:
- Wear a mask at all times outside the home and maintain physical distance
- Limit social gatherings to 10 or fewer people and avoid gatherings over Labor Day
- Do not go to bars, nightclubs, or gyms
- Use take out or eat outdoors socially distanced
- Reduce your public interactions and activities to 25% of your normal activity
- Statesboro #3 in the United States – NYT – Where There May Be Bad News Ahead
- Statesboro #2 in United States – NYT – Where the Outbreak Is Worst Now
- RED ZONE – Statesboro, Bulloch, Candler and Evans – White House Coronavirus Task Force Georgia Reports August 23 & 30
- Targets to get COVID-19 under control
- The White House COVID Task Force calls for sustained positivity rates of 5% or less and positive case rate less than 100 per 100,000
- Bulloch County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 1075 and percent of positive tests is 22.8%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 2,336 Total confirmed cases and 22 deaths total reported here with 124 hospitalizations total. Up 37 confirmed since yesterday. (These figures apply to Bulloch County residents)
- EGRMC currently/today caring for 23 COVID-19 positive patients today. (May or may not be Bulloch County residents) 6 COVID-19 patients on vents. EGRMC has 17 total vents. However, this is reporting only COVID-19 patients on vents. It is unknown how many actual vents are in use at this time.
- Bulloch EMS received notice of 110 confirmed COVID-19 positive and 104 probable patients transported to date
Bulloch Schools, Colleges and University Report
- Bulloch Schools total since reporting began on August 17 as of 1:00 p.m., September 3, 2020
- 46 total known positive COVID-19 cases reported
- 6 from week ending August 21
- 23 from week ending August 28
- 17 from week ending September 5
- 448 Quarantines – Total students and employees quarantined for 14 days as a precaution due to close contact with these confirmed positive COVID-19 cases
- 82 from week ending August 21
- 283 from week ending August 28
- 83 from week ending September 5
- 1 Clusters – Total COVID-19 Clusters
- 46 total known positive COVID-19 cases reported
- Georgia Southern COVID-19 since reporting began on August 17 total cases for Statesboro
- 548 Total Statesboro Campus
- 61 from week ending 8/23
- 487 from week ending 8/30
- Ogeechee Technical College COVID-19 since reporting began on August 17
- 5 total known positive COVID-19 Confirmed
- 0 from week ending 8/23
- 5 from week ending 8/17
- East Georgia State College since reporting began on August 17
- 18 total known positive COVID-19 Confirmed
- 4 from week ending 9/4
- Evans County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 356 and percent of positive tests is 13.3%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 382 Total confirmed cases and 5 deaths total reported with 30 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 2 confirmed cases, increase of 1 hospitalization and 0 deaths from yesterday)
- Evans COVID-19 deaths:
- 59 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 62 year old, white male with comorbidity
- 67 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- 75 year old, African American female with no comorbidity
- 76 year old, African American male with comorbidity
- Candler County 14 day average of positive cases per 100,000 is 618 and percent of positive tests is 20.9%. (Targets are below 100 per 100,000 and positive tests at 5% or below).
- 369 total confirmed cases and 16 deaths total reported with 20 total hospitalizations. (This is an increase of 2 confirmed cases, 0 increase of hospitalization and an increase of 0 death from yesterday)
Candler’s COVID-19 deaths
BULLOCH COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 DEATHS
BULLOCH COUNTY LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY 8/31/20 COVID-19 REPORT:
|FACILITY||# RES.||POS RES.||COVID DEATHS||RES. TESTED||RECOVER||POS. STAFF|
GEORGIA TECH COVID-19 Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool – CLICK HERE
The Georgia Tech COVID-19 risk assessment planning tool shows the risk level of attending an event in any county in America, given the event size and location (assuming 10:1 ascertainment bias). The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event. Choose an event size. Use the drop-down menu to choose a county you would like to zoom in on.
Grice Connect COVID-19 Dashboard
A special thanks to Dr. Frank Davis, M.D. F.A.C.S, a retired trauma surgeon who lives in Bulloch County. He has worked closely with the Grice Connect team to design the COVID-19 dashboard and provide brief interpretation of the data. You will be seeing and hearing more from Dr. Davis as he continues to help us monitor the COVID-19 impact locally.
We also want to thank Sean Davis and his team at Glenn Davis Insurers and Auto Owners Insurers for stepping up to sponsor this massive effort daily. They understand the importance of providing the best local data possible so their clients, family and friends can navigate this continuing crisis.
Thanks for supporting and following Grice Connect.