According to Bulloch Public Safety and EMA director's Tuesday update Tropical Storm Elsa has slowed it’s north forward speed to 9 mph.
So it has slowed a bit since last update, and confidence is increasing that Bulloch County could experience TS force winds Wednesday with rainfall of 3-5 inches.
Here are some key points taken from the latest briefing from the NWS in Charleston.
- Timing of effects for Bulloch County at present is Wednesday early afternoon into Thursday morning.
- Potential wind speed could reach 39-57 mph mainly in the rain bands
- Prepare for power outages/scattered with tree and limb damage.
- Rain potential of 3-5 inches is expected with possible flash flooding mainly in low lying areas. Some roads may become impassable.
- Tornados could threaten as bands of rainfall occur.
Below is the latest projected track with timing and also attached is the latest images on rainfall and winds for tropical storm Elsa.