Georgia Southern opens a two-game homestand against ULM Thursday at 7 p.m. on ESPN+ and the Georgia Southern Sports Network. Georgia Southern and ULM are two of six teams tied for first place in the Sun Belt standings with a 4-2 record. It's the only meeting between the Eagles and Warhawks this season.
GS is in a stretch in which it plays six of eight games on the road. Following Saturday's home game against Georgia State, the Eagles play four straight on the road.
Setting the Scene
Date: Jan. 19, 2023
Site: Hanner Fieldhouse (3,897)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Series: GS leads 14-12, W5 | Division I Series History
Listen: GS Sports Network
- Student Appreciation - First 1,000 students to the game get a free t-shirt!
- Putt for a Car presented by Jarrard Pre-Owned Vehicles - One lucky fan will have a chance to win $10,000 towards the purchase of a vehicle by sinking a putt on the court.
0 - Kaden Archie
2 - Jalen Finch
10 - Carlos Curry
12 - Andrei Savrasov
13 - Tai Strickland
- Georgia Southern is 3-2 in its last five and coming off an 83-71 loss at James Madison Saturday night.
- Seven Eagles are scoring seven or more points a game, and only leading scorer Andrei Savrasov takes more than 10 shots a game (10.9/gm). Six different Eagles have led the team in scoring in a game this season.
- The Eagles have notched single-digit turnovers in seven games this season. GS ranks sixth in the Sun Belt in turnover margin (2.3) and third in the league in least turnovers (11.5/gm).
- After not making double-digit three-pointers in any game last season, GS has made at least 10 triples in three contests this season.
- GS ranks sixth in the league in least fouls (16.0/gm).
- Carlos Curry ranks 11th in the Sun Belt in rebounds (7.3/gm) and Savrasov ranks 13th (6.9/gm).
- Savrasov ranks seventh in field goal percentage (.508) and 10th in steals (1.7/gm), while Jalen Finch is 13th in steals (1.5/gm) and seventh in assists (3.7/gm).
- GS has won its last 29 games when shooting 50% or better from the floor. The Eagles rank sixth in the Sun Belt in field goal percentage (.450).
- GS has won its last four games that were decided by one point.
- The Eagles are 7-3 in Hanner Fieldhouse this season and 22-12 in Hanner during head coach Brian Burg's tenure.
- ULM is 3-2 in its last five and coming off a 61-58 home win over Texas State Saturday afternoon. The win gave the Warhawks a sweep in the season series against Texas State, which was picked second in the Sun Belt Preseason Poll.
- ULM has five players averaging over eight points a game and is led by Tyreke Locure, who is averaging 13.7, which ranks 11th in the league. He ranks 13th in assists (3.3/gm) and fifth in steals (1.9/gm).
- The Warhawks are third in the league in 3-point percentage (.345) and fourth in assists (14.5/gm). They rank fifth in the league in steals (8.1/gm) and turnovers forced (14.7).
- ULM is 2-5 on the road and 2-7 away from Fant-Ewing Coliseum (road and neutral).
The Eagles play host to in-state Sun Belt rival Georgia State Saturday in Hanner Fieldhouse in the annual White Out game. Tipoff is set for 3 p.m. on ESPN+ and the GS Sports Network.