Join a team that aims to be the best in the world. Ecoplastic America Corporation is building an advanced manufacturing team that thrives in a challenging and innovative work environment. We are looking for the best players to join the My Eco team in supporting the Hyundai Motor Group Metaplant located outside Savannah, GA.
SECO, a leading auto parts manufacturing company in South Korea, was established in 1966. With 8 different auto parts affiliates around the globe, ECOPLASTIC emerged as a significant affiliate in June 1984. ECOPLASTIC specializes in the design, development, and production of exterior and interior auto parts for the global automobile industry. As an exclusive 1-tier supplier to Hyundai (HMGMA), ECOPLASTIC AMERICA now extends its innovative leadership in eco-friendly electronic auto parts manufacturing to North America, capitalizing on cutting-edge technologies and a strong reputation for reliability. For more information, visit: http://www.ecoplastic.com/eng/main/main.php
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs Manager is responsible for developing and managing EHS programs to support the business strategy in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules and regulations. This is a leadership position that represents the company in internal audits and investigations, external regulatory events, and community safety groups and committees. The EHS Manager is a high-profile role requiring effective communication across all levels and functional areas. This is an on-site position with a minimum of 50% of the day spent on the production floor to ensure quality orders are safely delivered complete and on-time.
· Develop and administer policies, programs, and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards and regulations.
· Conducts audits and assessments including Industrial Hygiene Monitoring to identify and evaluate safety and health risks and compliance exposures. Develops strategies to reduce or eliminate these risks and exposures.
· Plans and delivers training programs to leadership and employees on behavior-based strategies, accident investigation, hazard identification, and compliance programs including maintaining training records.
· Leads the accident investigation with employees, supervisors, and Human Resources to ensure the facts of each accident are reported accurately and that consistent and corrective action is taken to prevent a recurrence.
· Assists with regulatory inspections and the preparation of materials for use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations as required. Ensures a process is in place for symptomatic employees to be evaluated and receive appropriate medical treatment. Manage the injury/illness reporting and keeps records of trends and issues.
· Assists leadership in developing safety goals and objectives. Provides information, reports, and communication materials to leadership to assist with training, meetings, campaigns, and initiatives.
· Maintains required environmental safety and health program documentation to include annual reporting submission to EPA and OSHA.
· Oversight of contractor activity through verification of prequalification program, safe work permits, contractor safety guidelines, daily walkthroughs, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental health and safety related program preferred or five plus years of EHS experience in manufacturing/automotive industry
· Professional designations (CSP, CIH, etc.) and OSHA 30hr and First Aid/CPR Certifications highly desired
· Proven ability to solve complex problems and influence people across all functional areas
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and be self-starting on tasks within area of expertise
· In-depth understanding of safe workplace practices and programs
· Familiarity with OSHA and EPA regulations and other applicable EHS laws and guidelines
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
· Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time
· Must be able to work flexible schedule to cover multiple shifts
· Business travel may be necessary
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
"ECOPLASTIC AMERICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer"